The most high-profile case in the country is that of Noor Mukadam. With the judgement in a high-profile murder trial about to be revealed tomorrow.
Here are some key things to know about the case:
- Noor Mukadam, a resident of Islamabad, was 27 years old. She was the daughter of Shaukat Mukadam, a former diplomat.
- After being held captive for two days and beaten with a knuckleduster before being decapitated, she was brutally killed in July of last year.
- Zahir Jaffer, her assailant, was apprehended at the crime site and charged with murder and rape, according to DNA evidence.
- His parents and domestic employees were also detained on suspicion of ‘hiding evidence and aiding and abetting the crime.’
- Zahir Jaffer confessed to the murder of Noor Muqadam on July 26, 2021, and his confession was recorded. But he then backtracked on that claim.
- Police were able to match fingerprints and DNA on August 15th, 2021, proving Jaffer’s participation in the murder.
- According to the challan, Noor missed six life-saving possibilities as a result of the active connivance of Zahir’s accomplices in her murder.
- Zahir Jaffer ultimately admitted to murdering Noor after she refused to marry him in September 2021.
- Noor’s father, Shaukat Ali Muqaddam, petitioned the court of justice to condemn her assassin, Zahir Jaffer, to death.
- Zahir Jaffer said on February 14th that the Mukadam family was attempting to frame him in order to extract money from the Jaffers.