Full Name: Dr. Shahbaz Gill
Place of Birth: Lahore
Education : PHD ( In Leadership and Management ), University of Malaya, 2008
Occupation: Politician, Professor and Writer
Shahbaz Gill Position Holds :
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Business Administration, Business Administration, University of Illinois, 2019 to present
- Visiting Ass. Professor Vienna University of Economics and Business Wirschaftsuniversitaet Wien, Austria, 2015
- Lecturer, Business Administration, University of Illinois, 2013-2019
- Assistant Professor, IIUI, 2008
- Assistant Professor, COMSATS University, 2009
- Mujahid, N., Shahbaz, M., & Gill, S. (2016). Labour Market Conditions–Female Labour Supply Nexus: The Role of Globalization in Pakistan. Global Business Review, 17 (1), 68-87.
- Gill, S., Dr. K.N.Kang (Ed.) Forthcoming (2010). Existence and Perceptions held about Gender Discrimination against women in the Work place. A case study from S.E. Asia Dynamic Management in Global Economy.
Honors and Awards :
- Erasmus+ Teaching and Training Higher Education International Mobility, Directorate for Special Programs International Scholarships Unit for European Union Programs, 2016
- List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 2013-2014
( Last Updated : 20 Jan 2020 )
Shahbaz Gill Biography
Dr. Shahbaz Gill is a worker of Pakistan Tehrek e Insaf and is currently functioning as a Spokesperson to Chief Minister of Punjab Usman Buzdar since 2018 and is one of the most intellectual, Hardworker and loved member of the party. Other than this he is also a professor who used to teach in Pakistan and outside Pakistan too and is likewise a writer who is honored with a number of awards and recognitions.
Education of Shahbaz
He holds the degree of Ph.D. in Leadership and Management.
Shahbaz Gill Career
As a Professor
After completing his education he started teaching Business Administration in different universities. In 2008 he started his teaching profession by working as an Assistant Professor at International Islamic University, Islamabad while next year he started working at Comsats University. From 2012 to 2013 he functioned as an Adjunct Assistant Professor at the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign. In 2015 he got a chance to unfurl his knowledge internationally and started teaching as a Visiting Assistant Professor at Vienna University of Economics and Business Wirschaftsuniversitaet Wien.
As a Writer
His recent Publications include
- Gill, M., Shahbaz, M., Afza, T. Forthcoming. Does Defence Spending Impede Economic Growth?
- Gill, M. Forthcoming. Existence and Perceptions held about Gender Discrimination against women in the Workplace.
- Mujahid, N., Gill, M., Shahbaz, M. 2016. Labor Market Conditions-Female Labor Supply Nexus.
After the Pakistan General Elections 2018, he was made the Spokesperson to Chief Minister of Punjab Usman Buzdar and worked hard to achieve the vision of Naya Pakistan that was glimpsed by the PTI government. However he couldn’t continue with this position for so long and on 13th September 2019, he left his admirers speechless after announcing his decision of quitting from his post.