Prime Minister has launched the Sehat Insaf card program in Punjab. PM Imran Khan says that it is not health insurance, it is the health system.
By March next year, every family in Punjab will have access to a Sehat card that will provide treatment up to Rs. 1 million per annum. Health insurance in Punjab will cost Rs. 440 billion in three years.
What is a Sehat card?
In case of admission in public or private hospitals allotted for the Sehat Sahulat Program through the New Sehat Card, treatment will be provided free of cost.
The treatment fee will be deducted from your card.
In the case of preferential treatment, initial coverage will be Rs. 300,000 while additional coverage will be Rs. 300,000 per annum.
In primary coverage for secondary treatment, each family will get a facility of 60 thousand while in case of additional coverage, 60 thousand will be available annually.
- Treatment of heart disease.
- Treatment of complications related to diabetes.
- Accidental injuries, ie bone fractures.
- Accidents on the road.
- Treatment of heart, liver, kidneys and lungs.
- Jaundice and black jaundice.
- Cancer treatment.
- Nervous system surgery.
- Treatment of end-stage kidney disease.
- Preferential treatment also includes a free one-time check-up facility after discharge from the hospital.
- Normal delivery.
- Complications of maternity surgery.
- Examination four times before birth.
- Examination once after birth.
- One-time examination of the newborn baby.
- Medications one day before admission and five more days after discharge from the hospital.
How to use
The program representative at the designated hospital will guide the patient in the relevant field after checking the Sehat card.
In case of internal treatment, Rs.1000 will be paid to the patient maximum of three times a year.
If a patient dies during treatment in a panel hospital, a sum of Rs. 10,000 will be paid for his burial.
You are eligible to use the Sehat Sahulat Program when you are admitted to the hospital.
You can use this facility only when the patient needs admission.
Obtaining a card
Currently, the Sehat card is available for Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. This facility could not be reached in Sindh and Balochistan. To check your eligibility for the Sehat card, it is necessary to SMS the National Identity Card number to 8500 and through confirmation SMS you will be informed whether you are eligible or not.
If you are eligible, get your Sehat card. To get your card, go to the Card Distribution Center in your district and collect your card. CNIC and Children’s Form are also required for the Sehat card.