The Sindh Assembly on Wednesday (June 26) has rejected 543 cut motions moved by the opposition members and passed a Rs1.21 trillion budget for the financial year 2019-20. The finance bill was deferred until today (June 27).
KP Assembly Passes Budget Amid Ruckus
While responding to opposition members, belonging to Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), Muttahida Qaumi Movement – Pakistan (MQM-P) and Grand Democratic Alliance (GDA), cut motions to reduce the non-development expenditure, the Chief Minister said that all expenditure was necessaryand there was no need to reduce even a single penny.
PTI leader, Adeeba Hasan said, “The government has allocated Rs738,939,000 for the expenditure of Chief Minister’s House and Rs2 million have been reserved for furniture. I request to please reduce it by at least Rs1,000”.
Salient features of Budget:
Sindh budget with a total outlay of Twelve hundred seventeen billion (1217) rupees zero deficit for next financial year 2019-20 has been presented . Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah who also holds the portfolio of Finance presented budget in Sindh Assembly.
- The revenue targets of the province have been revised from 243.082 billion rupees to 240.746 billion rupees.
- Sindh Chief Minister announced an increase of 15 percent in pay as adhoc relief allowance for all employees of Grade-1 to Grade-22 and 15 percent increase in the pension of pensioners.
- An amount of 283.5 billion rupees has been earmarked for development projects which include Provincial and District Annual Development Programme.
- The allocation for school education has been increased from 170.832 billion rupees to 178.618 billion rupees in the next financial year, 2019-20, whereas, on development side, 15.15 billion rupees have been allocated in ADP 2019-20.
- An amount of 13.50 billion rupees has been earmarked for Health sector to bring improvement in it while 109.788 billion rupees allocated in the head of law and order in the province.